• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2001 Polaris Magnum 325 AWD not working!

tobytoots1409

this was an intermittent problem for the longest time with the AWD not working and working and the bike would cut off when put in reverse unless the override button was used...purchased a new rev limiter and now doesn't cut off but doesn't have the safety feature and goes flat out in reverse and still no AWD

First problem could be worn armature plates in your hubs. Some of the early 2000 model Polaris models had issues where they needed to be taken out and either replaced or scuffed with some scotch bright.

I'm guessing the rev limiter didn't need to be replaced and in doing so, something wasn't put back together correctly. Retrace your steps and make sure the new parts were installed correctly.

but isn't the new limiter supposed to have that safety feature where she will go slowly in reverse until you hit the override button?? it won't go into awd whatsoever and no awd light..it had awd some of the times I tried to use it before with the old limiter, since I tried the new one on her and took it off again, put the old limiter back on again she won't go into awd at all!!

so is that how the limiter is supposed to work? when you put it in reverse you HAVE to hit the override button?? I thought you only have to hit override to go faster in reverse or to get awd in reverse....with the old limiter the bike would sometimes shut off as soon as you put it in reverse, this problem was also intermittent, not all the time..haven't checked inside the override housing yet, but when I do I'll let you know what I find...and there was no problem replacing the old limiter with the new, it's only five wires that plug in and match up the colors of the wires already there...

you don't have to hit the over ride button to go in reverse. The over ride will allow the AWD to work in reverse and also allows the engine to rev higher in reverse when needed. The limiter is to help keep people from doing 30 mph (52kph/hour) in reverse.