• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More Rookie Questions

ferd

Hi Guys, Long time reader, first time poster.
I've got to thank you guys for all the great info I've gotten from the ATV and fishing forums. Like many others, I'm trying to make a decision on a new/used ATV. I'm going to be using it primarily to get to and haul around my 8X10 wheeled fish house.
1) What are people saying about the AC 400i rig? It's got some nice features. How does it compare to the Pol 400 Sports.
2)How important is an automatic transmission?

Ferd-
1st off welcome to the site!
I'm glad you have found everybody helpful. Before I layout all these stats before you I will admit that I am a diehard Polaris fan. Have owned 2 Polaris ATV's and never had major problems. I also figure that they are a MN company so if I do have any problems they should be able to get me back in shape quick. I currently own a Polaris Magnum 325, I plan on adding a Sportsmen 700 in the spring, thats if the lady gives final approval. (LETS HOPE!!) grin.gif Here are the stats I found about these two machines.
Polaris 400 Sportsmen/Artic Cat 400i 4X4:
Engine Specs:
425 CC Liquid Cooled 4-stroke/ 371 CC Liquid Cooled w/ fan 4-stroke
Fuel Cap:
5.25 Gals/4.75 Gals
Weight:
697 lbs./659 lbs.
Ground Clearance:
About 18"/12"
Suspension:
Independent/Independent
Transmission:
Automatic with hi-lo ranges/5-Speed with hi-lo ranges
4wd?
yes, thumb switch, on demand/ yes
MSRP
$6,199/?
Hitch Towing Cap.
850 lbs. (I know I've pulled way more than this w/ my 325)/1,050 lbs.
well...
I think I touched the important ones.
Hope his helps you compare a little.
Have fun shopping! smile.gif

-MR. Fisherman

P.S.
Another trick is to visit lots of dealers and ask them why one is better then the other. If you get a bunch of "umm's" and "uhh's" from a dealer, you know you might like to try a different more educated one. I personally reccomend Polaris, but whatever you end up with I hope you are happy.