• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Places to ride AGAIN!!!!

This topic had some good info before it was lost.

Lets hear about any and all good places to ride. I know there was info about a ride in april at the moose river trail too.

------------------
01 SP500HO, 2000# Warn, Polaris flat bumper, 25" 589's, Polaris heavy front springs, HSP super Header/muffler, K&N/Outerwear, hypershift clutch kit, 48/40 EBS helix, Reverse light, Fog lights, No front rack, Polaris rear aluminum box

Apparently ATV are coming under attack. At work I listen to Garage Logic on AM 1500. It was brought up that the MooseWalk, MooseRun snowmobile trail near Finland, MN may be banned for ATV use. The gruop MRR (Minnesota Responsible Recreation) is spearheading this ban.

They have been successful in other areas of Minnesota. Their goal is to ban as many snowmobile, ATV, and gas powered boat use on our public trails and waterways as possible. They already put a stop to a golf course in Duluth, and some ATV trails in Bagley, MN. Also it has been repotedwith the help from Sierra Club, that they buy up as many motor use permits in the BWCA and not use them. Thus Anyone wanting to get a week permit on Basswood Lake with a motor can't because the permits were filled. I canoed that lake last spring and the lake was almost void of people. That is there goal, to keep people using motors out of the noprth woods.

The DNR is taking comments on why the MooseWalk, MooseRun trail should be open for ATV use. They will only accept a letter and MUST be in their office by January 23rd at 4:30 pm. Check out www.garagelogic.com then click on Show Archives. the address is there along with a link to MRR.

I don't own an ATV, yet, but this kind of dump irritates me. At some point, we won't be allowed to do anything.

Good Luck
Rob

Robert
Thanks for this very important info.

To express your comments regarding the MooseWalk, Moose Run Snowmobile Trail:

DNR Office of Management and Budget
Attn: Donald Buckhout
Office of Enviornmental Planning and Budget
500 Lafayette Rd
St Paul, MN 55155-4010

Fax: 651-296-6047

Please make your comments count.

Explain your thoughts, not just I'm for the project . . . Explain why.

Example: ATV use on trails, improving trails, enforcement, and governing of its use.

They are only taking Letters and Fax correspondence.

Comment period ends January 23rd at 4:30pm.
So get out and Write!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Shaggy (edited 01-16-2002).]

The MRR people will tell you that they are not trying to ban any of this activities. But, their stipulations, or regulations, that they would like to see would suck every penny from the "fund' for each of those sports. So, the actual goal is banning but they'll never tell you that. Get those letters in guys.