• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog off to training

SAX

I am dropping my dog off at the trainer today and it is really starting to hit me how much I am going to miss her. She turns 6 months today and we are planning on keeping her with the trainer for +-3 months depending on how her training goes. I am going to go visit her in a couple weeks but things are just going to very different with her gone.

It is tough, but the rewards of a well trained dog are well worth it. It was the best money I have ever spent! I remember when Mine was that age. The trainer I used had me come once a week to work with her, so it wasn't that hard. His philosophy was that he not only was training my dog, but me handler/owner as well. Good Luck!!

Who did you end up using?

Tim Landecker. I met with several trainers and his training approach, facilities and personality seemed like the right fit for me, my wife and Bella. I met a couple other trainers I liked and couple I wasn't very impressed with. Alot goes into finding the right trainer, I thought it would be much easier. Its much more of an art than a science. The supply of trainers seems endless and everyone has a different opinion on the right one.

For anyone who is looking at having a dog trained by a professional I recommend you start your search early. The top tier trainers have a high demand and do not take on 2 dozen dogs at a time.

As you have probably learned Tim is a bit challenging to get a hold of.... But it's worth the effort, you have made a great choice. Tim has managed to turn me into a decent handler and my dog into a machine. I bet he does the same for you.