• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Piolit Trouble

marla

Purchased a new Terrova I piolit 2 months old used it 4 times last time out it went dead full batterry charge remote quit foot con troll quit every thig dead. Went thru the trouble shooting manual nothing after 45 minutes moved to a new spot and it starts to work. The icons would come on then after a couple seconds went out. Called tech support and told them I had a F come up while trying to get it to work see said a connection must be loose checked it and it was tight. Will be going on a 2 week fishing trip and if this thing acts up I most likely will not be a happy camper. Any one else have this issue. May add the unit was in the water running when it quit. Any and all help will be appreciated Thanks

Unless it's a 12 volt 55 lb Terrova, it needs a 60 amp breaker. Does your boat have automatic resetting 50 amp breakers in it??? That was a common set-up in a lot of boats until the 80 and 101 lb Terrovas became so popular.

Otherwise, if the connections at the batteries are good, check the connections going into the female power port mounting in your boat. Might be worth checking the connections in the male plug on your motor too. We've seen a handful of shorts and connections issues in those areas.

Thanks perch will check the male plug never did blow a fuse. just furstrating being its a new unit and lost some fishing time. Thanks again for the quick reply. green light was still on when unit would not work.