• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UP Lake Superior fall fishing

Been looking to change up this fall and have found some info on Copper Harbor in the UP. A couple of us are looking for new adventure with some good fishing, would this be a worthwhile voyage for us?

From my research I found info saying they catch big splake in the harbor and then Laker and walleyes.... can anyone elaborate? or is there some better areas that we should look at for the mid-October time frame?

thanks... anything is appreciated...

I only spring fish on Lake Superior as I have little needs for Lakers. I've never fished Copper Harbor but fished out of the western end of the UP hundreds of times. Right now there is a massive run off which means mud lines and with little visibility. I ran some boards out of Saxon Harbor this weekend and caught a few cohos, pretty slow for this time of year. As soon as the mud-lines disappear it will be game on. Spring fishing on the "biggest" of ponds is my favorite fishing of the year.

That is my old stomping grounds. There are splake, walleye and some lakers that do come into da harbor. Have to remember that lake superior is fairly cold and infertile. Probably not what you are used to fishing as far as size and numbers. It is a very beautiful area to visit but I wouldn't go back there just to fish.