• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Field Trial

Ben_Berg

Minnesota Bird Hunters Association will be hosting a Walking Field Trial on April 14th at Four Brooks Wildlife Area. There will be a Puppy,Derby & a Gun Dog Stake. In the Gun Dog Stake judgement will cease at the flush. In other words the dog does not have to be broke. This fun Trial is designed to be a good introductory to Field Trialing. All are welcome to come and participate or just observe. For more information refer to the March 16th issue of The American Field or contact me.

Ben Berg

Berg Bros Setters LLC

[email protected]

320-260-6585

I should clarify this is a open breed pointing dog field trial. Meaning it is open to all pointing breeds. The Gun Dog Stake is Judged on what would make a superior hunting dog. A huge forward race is not what is desired. What we will be looking for is a dog that applies itself to a suitable hunting dog race. I hope this explanation clarifies what this stake is about. The idea is to give the guy or gal with a fine hunting dog an opportunity to show their dog in a stake designed for hunting dogs.

This Trial will be a FDSB Trial. Which is stands for Field Dog Stud Book. All major open breed trials are FDSB trials. This trial will hosted by the Minnesota Bird Hunters Association which is a American Bird Hunters Association Club. Also known as ABHA.

Ha Ha Ha!! Man, I got lost a long time ago with all the levels of competition, types of trials, age brackets complex alphabet and maybe even required color of shirts. I think if we demanded that ALL canine competition trophies and ribbons be produced in the USA we could bring a bunch of jobs back home!!

But hey!......if everybody is having fun, who am I? LOL.

And did you say UFFDA?

Well hells-bells man. Thats United Flat Field Dog Association!!

I talked to ben the other day and explained what a walking trial is and i am pretty excited and nervous to do my first trial. I can't wait to see how my gsp will perform and get tips from other guys and gals that are there.