• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Chipper Blades vs Lazer Blades. Which would you prefer?

MidCoast

I have posted this picture before but if you can't afford to go out and buy a new Lazer bit and have a chipper. Do not over look sharpening the bottom blade. You have to get the angle ground right on both edges but I did it to mine and also added a few little cuts in the blade with a die grinder to add some bite. I will have to say that my auger has not drilled as good as it does right now since I bought the darn thing! I was putting on a new blade ever few months thinking the blades were getting dull but the bottom blade cuts a lot more than I thought. wink

full-27051-31081-full_27051_29464_blade0

I agree with the above posts, laser for opening new holes in clean areas, and the chipper for re-opening old holes.

One plus with the chipper is that you can take a fine stone and re-sharpen the blade and the tip and it will cut like a new chipper.

Chipper blade not as much so. Lazer blade another story but if you have used and worn blades that do not have huge divots out of them, practice makes perfection and you may learn how to resharpen them. wink

It is not hard to put the edge back on a chipper blade and the tip. Use a fairly fine stone and keep the same angle.

I would not try the same thing with laser blades unless they were totally shot, and it would most likely be a waste of time