• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How large is a Coyotes territory?

Im scouting this homeowners property for the past couple weeks. Its an area that is urban/rural. Grant MN by White Bear Lk. Have seen their tracks but they seem old, homeowner states they're there "every few days". Wondering how big their territory might be. Is it a 12 mile circle and they only complete the circle every few days...or what? Their territory must get larger the more rural/remote they are. Do they overlap fox terra? Any data helps! You must have several 'sits' lined up in order to do this successfully. i.e. multiple landowner permissions, so if one craps out , you simply move on to the next. Mostly at night from what I understand. Shotgun the only way to go with a red light? Green? See them on a moonlit night then turn on the Beam. Or scan with the beam on, find em then shoot? whats the order with light at night. Scan for them, or see by moonlit them beam on?

Com-mon guys...I know theres like 5 or 6 of you guys out there that know their sh..t. How do I do this semi-rural stuff. Give me a hand. Now is breeding time. Im looking at 15 acres here. Im not competing with any of you Bigtime guys. I just wanna kill these Yotes that are pestering my Fams dogs. How can I best figure this out? I have 1 camera out with a baitpile of her dogfood as bait on her land. 40 feet from her porch. Any better baiting method recommended? Frozen meat scraps from the kitchen? 5 Gal bucket then freeze. ? ? ? ? of meat scrap dinner bkfst and so on... What should I use as bait to draw them in.

a roadkilled deer is supurb bait... need to set it, and walk away from it... a lot of times it will take a couple weeks even before they will hit it... I have had them scoot around it for days... then finally move in on it after sitting....

some critters skinned by a trapper are another good option sometimes...

I have not tried this yet, but also recently was told to try setting your old christmas tree out in a field... and let it sit... they will mark it to mark there territory aparently... Once again have not tried it, heard it of a friend over yonder in the cheese head state...