• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster carb question

toughguy

I think I'm missing a spring on the throttle of my strikemaster. The spring that pulls the throttle open is in place but it doesn't swing back closed very quickly. Is there supposed to be a spring pulling it closed when you let go of the throttle?

The valve closes eventually but not quickly

54C02385-5012-421C-ABE4-3BCFF7ECD4E1-180

This brass colored clip in the middle of this picture is where it looks to me like I'm missing a spring.

97D17052-5510-4B88-8EA2-DF37E0E92E90-180

Thanks in advance for any advise.

My SM will fire thsn die off so I have to flip the choke on for a second than it will idel for 10-15 sec than I have to flip choke on and off again I'm thinking that my high speed jet might be clogged any ideas

What model do you have?

Not getting enough gas. If you have a High Speed mixture screw you will back that out counterclockwise. If you have a fixed jet you'll need to clean the carb and to be on the safe side install a new set of diaphrams.

Since this thread is alive I will jump in.

Beginning yesterday the shaft on mine will not stop spinning even when at idle. Even when I grab on to the shaft I cannot stop it. Is this something with the clutch springs? Whats the solution here? Thanks in advance.

What model do you have?

Is the idle high?

Could be one a few things.

Most likely your running lean and as simple as turning out the mixture screw.

You would also notice hard starting.

This is done in very small increments till your RPMs drop.

Possibly your Idle is set too high but unless you turned it up that is doubtful.

As said earlier a clutch spring.

Lazer Mag Solo 2.5.

Idle is fine starts and runs great, must be something with the clutch. Last week it worked fine but started it up the other day when I switched over to the Amsoil mixture and she just kept spinning. I'm going out today so I will see if it continues may have to take it apart.