• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabela's meat slicer

Anyone have good luck with these? My buddy bought one from Harbor Freight for $20 and it did a good job making jerky for many years. I see that Cabela's Pro 150 model is on sale for $99 right now. Anyone own or use one of these?

I should state, all that I plan to use it for is making jerky and slicing deli meat for occasional home consumption. It will probably get used once per month.

The biggest difference between these meat slicers and a 'professional' one is that the blade does not nave a cover on it. This causes the meat or cheese to spin when it hits the blade. We just deal with it and have been happy for the last 2 years.

I finally got this slicer the other week. I did a pretty good job of thin slicing some store-bought turkey and ham. It struggled a little but on the cheap roast that I was slicing into jerky. The roast sat in the freezer for an hour, but the slicer did have a tendancy to pull the meet up. This also isn't the easiest thing to clean but for $200 less than a commercial grade, I'm happy