• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who uses blade bait lures?

Agronomist_at_IA

I use them quite often, open and hard water. I mainly fish stained waters and I use the blade baits for vibration to attract fish.

I will rip the blade bait up 1-3 feet for vibration, let the blade bait drop for flash. Maybe jig it a little, then repeat the rip process.

I would say this bait is for active fish, but will also bring in neutral/negative fish who may hit a minnow/jig.

Related question...do people take the middle hooks off blades, live target, rattle trap style lures? I hate having that many hooks around when moving, when putting the rods into the box, etc. Would removing the middle hooks kill the action or result in missed fish?

I use them quite often, open and hard water. I mainly fish stained waters and I use the blade baits for vibration to attract fish.

I will rip the blade bait up 1-3 feet for vibration, let the blade bait drop for flash. Maybe jig it a little, then repeat the rip process.

I would say this bait is for active fish, but will also bring in neutral/negative fish who may hit a minnow/jig.

Yep this is what you do. Lift 1-4ft and let fall on a tight line. Smaller versions tipped with a waxie are great for pan fish. The Cicada is a good one in gold and green.

I usually use it as an attraction lure to bring the fish in. once I get a mark, I drop down a buckshot or rattling flyer. although we did catch a few nice eyes with blades last weekend so will probably use it more on a regular basis.

When using them in the spring I used it bouncing it off the bottom and they would just slam it when I would pause and then just twitch it a little. In the winter I would be aggressive and get the fish to come flying in on the Vex and then slow down to a twitch when they would show interest and even tried to keep doing a vigorous ripping action. They fish would bump the lure a few times from the under side or something because I could feel the tension let off and tried to even set the hook thinking an upward grab was happening, and nothing... I guess I just need to perfect my technique this winter... gonna have to tell the wife I need to spend more time on the lake...hahaha