• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northland Whistler Minnows glow paint problem

KJB

Just an FYI, at least some of the new Northland Glow Red (Redfish) Whistler minnows do not glow red! Check yours out before you buy!

I bought one, got home and checked it and it glows green, even though it is painted red and looks exactly like the normal red glow. I went to another store and they also glowed green, not red. I called Northland today and they said they have been made aware of a problem with some spoons and they used the wrong glow paint. They said they do not know how widespread, but they are looking into it. The solution was for me to take a taser into each store and try and find one that glows red?!. Honestly, a dissappointing answer from them as it was/is their problem and you would think they would just send me one with the right paint on it but instead I need to waste my time to go looking for what the product is supposed to be in the first place. Just trying to save others this problem.

personally I have purchased products direct from them for years and have never had an issue; especially not as you described it. I would give them a call back and ask them why you have to do the running around when they admitted the problem is obviously in production. I would think a replacement would be in order and good CS to have you coming back and purchasing other jigs etc from them. PS perhaps you already addressed that concern when you called and they did not offer the replacement, the post didn't indicate that.. Good luck

In reply,

1. No, they did not indicate any other problems on other colors. I did check out other spoons they have in glow red and they were all fine, so I think it is isolated to the Whistler. The other Macho Minnows were glowing red, but they also could be left over from last year. I wish I had more info but the individual I talked to did not seem to up to speed on it and said they had just started getting a few calls on it and they were investigating it. In fact, he replied "I am not sure the fish care anyway", to which I quickly replied, "I am quite sure that they do"! I am in Wisconsin so it may be that those shipments were problems and nowhere else. I was at Gander Mountain and a Mill's Fleet Farm.

2. I did not ask him to send me a new spoon, no, and probably should have. Some things seem pretty obvious to me as to the right thing to do but I guess not to others and I should have been more forceful, but it was a $5 spoon afterall. My message here was more to help out others avoid an unpleasnat surpise. I will just take it back and buy one in Minnesota on my way to LOTW next month or I also have regular macho minnows in glo red and will just swap out the spinner! Maybe red with green glow will be a new hot color!!!!!