• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile Trailer Discussion - Advice Needed

Gunflint Guy

The good news (I think)...I inherited an older, heavy, 2up arctic cat snowmobile. Now I need to get a trailer. I'd really like to keep it in my garage, where space is a bit limited, so I'd like to get a single place trailer. Getting a new single place tilt trailer is the same price as a double, plus a tilt trailer doesn't offer many utilitarian uses, so I was looking at utility trailers. Does anyone have any experience with a lighter utility trailer for snowmobiles? Such as the one shown in the link? Are they tough enough? Is the ramp tough enough? Will it pull okay with a big machine on it? I'll take any advice people have.

http://www.landmsupply.com/shop-by-brand/carry-on-5x10-trailer-mesh-with-gate

I had bought this exact trailer from L & M a few yrs ago and its a pretty nice trailer. Used it a few times for a snowmobile, usually for ATV, but when i had a sled on it it pulled just fine with no problems. When i first bought it the mesh didnt seem to strong and didnt seem like it would last to long, since i would be using it often. So i threw down plywood on bolted it right on top of the mesh. It gave it a little more weight and seems to hold a lot better and will last alot longer. IMO its a nice trailer and would be fine for what ur using it for.

I had bought this exact trailer from L & M a few yrs ago and its a pretty nice trailer. Used it a few times for a snowmobile, usually for ATV, but when i had a sled on it it pulled just fine with no problems. When i first bought it the mesh didnt seem to strong and didnt seem like it would last to long, since i would be using it often. So i threw down plywood on bolted it right on top of the mesh. It gave it a little more weight and seems to hold a lot better and will last alot longer. IMO its a nice trailer and would be fine for what ur using it for.

The plywood is good also if you have a good set of carbids on the skis and don't want to mess them up or rip them off! Same thing for studs on the track if you have them! The mesh is a good stud "puller" if you spin the track! frown

Does the snowmobile have reverse? If not, that rail may be a problem and you'd hate to be dragging that thing backwards.

I have one sled and a double trailer and love the space for the porty and other items.