• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strike Master not running correct!! Help

lutzy

It is only 4 years old (Solo engine). It took a while to get it started but finally did. Now it will idle ok, most of the time, but to keep it running at high RPS to drill I need to keep "feathering" the throttle. If I just push the throttle down and hold it down it kills. Any ideas why?? Could it be the Amsoil? This is the first time I have ever used it. I have always used strikemaster ail and at recommended ratio. Any ideas?

Not very familiar with that carb, but if it has jets your main jet is plugged and when you let off it sucks through the pilot jet. Pilot jet is for slow or idle speeds, main jet is for fast speeds. If it has a diaghram, that may be wripped.

Most small engine shops would make quick work of that carb. Probably a $50 bill including carb kit up here. 99% sure thats your problem. You could try sea foam but if something is plugged it wont help, but if its partially open it should help or fix the problem.

From what your saying it sounds like a gummed up carb. Even if you run your auger dry at the end of the season a small amount of unburned mixed gas remains in the carbs fuel bowl. I would try the seafoam treatment in the gas for a bit before bringing it in to get repaired.

If you are ok witha wrench rebuilding the carb yourself is pretty easy, lots of good videos online on how to do it.

I'm sure you have a diaghram. havent seen an auger without one. order a new diaghram and replace it. very easy to do and cheap. pretty common problem with the solo motor and hopefully fixed for less than $10. From what i just read 4 years is a long time for 1 to last.

Oh it isn't that bad Lutzy, Deffently a dirty carb. I know I just opened a can of worms but, I always leave gas in the tank with stable year around and try to run it once a month. Never an issue. Korynta is right a 50.00 bill and you should be fine.

I'm no expert but I've had good results running sea foam through the engine before it's put away. I know this does not help you now but may save trouble in the future. Hopefully you or a buddy can get the carb cleaned out and serviced without costing you too much.

Those little carbs are buggers to keep working. Kind of like weed trimmers, any microscopic bit of debris will cause the high speed to have problems. Does it run if you give it 1/2 choke? It sounds like you just have a dirty high speed circuit and a simple cleaning of the carb would have it working correctly again. You can do it yourself, or if you feel challenged by the complexity just take it in and have it looked at. Doing it yourself would take an hour and no cost, but you do need to know a little about what you are attempting. Taking it in would be at least $50 and could take a while depending on how busy the shop is.

Take the air filter off, run it like that. If it runs it is not getting air, I have had that happen to me. If that don't help, take some carb Cleaner and hold the throttle wide open and shoot it into the carb. let it sit in the there for a few min. Then star it up with new gas with Two caps of sea foam. should work, If not bring it h2o in big lake and have them look at it.