• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger 619 Windshield Repair and Change

Moonshine

This is actually a two part question. I purchased my 619 a year old and the previous owner bought it with a full windshield. He took it off and put double bubbles on.

First question: One of the windows on the full windshield is broken. Where would I go to get it repaired? I am in the southeast metro (Cottage Grove).

Second question after windshield is repaired: Looking closely, I can tell where the old holes for attaching the full windshield were located in the fiberglass. If I would like to install the full windshield, can I use the existing spots the old windshield was connected? Are they screwed down or bolted? I assume screw based on what I see and using the existing locations should be no problem. Just want to check before I go screwing a hole into the fiberglass.

I always said full windshields are for old guys, but cruising pool 4 in January when you have a full windshield in your basement doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the help!

I would contact Ranger directly for these questions.

For question #2, when/if you speak with Ranger, ask them for a wood diagram for your boat model and year. This should help you in the event that you need to drill new holes, as you need to make sure you have something other than just fiberglass to bite into. However, the existing holes should line up with your full shield.

Fiberglass boats are extremely easy to make repairs on and maintain. However, it is important that for the screw holes you end up not using, you need to fill them in with a product like MarineTex. It also would be a good idea to use 3m 4200 when putting new screws down to prevent water seeping down into the wood.

Are you going to no longer use the bubbles?

For your Ranger windshield you can contact Ranger directly, or the local dealers are Frankies up in Chisago, Als Specialty Marine in Rochester or the Rapid Marine group in the metro. You can also contact Taylor Made products as they are the original manufacturer of your windshield.

As for the mounting, it was originally installed with stainless screws. You should be able to re use the holes and just re-screw it on. If the screw holes are stripped out, just use a #8 machine screw with a washer/lockwasher/nut on the underside of the console.