• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WANTED - 1968 Arctic Cat Panthers Or Parts

wormburner

Looking for whole sleds, hoods or parts. Let me know what you have?

------------------
Good Luck To All, Wormburner!
Buy a trailer,help support my fishing habit!
bstenberg@**********.com

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 09-21-2004).]

I have went on hsolist a couple times, but it seems that 68 Panther items are tough to find no matter where you look.
Last night, I found a tool bag that goes behind the rear seat locally and picked that up, but looking for a seat in good shape is my next hurdle.

wormburner-

68 cat is a nice sled. Now did it have the leopard print seat or was it just the black material. Old cat seats in good shape are sometimes worth more than the entire sled. If you are looking for leopard, plan on spending a couple hundred on it for a nice one. In the vintage community, a few people were selling NOS leopard material but rumor has it that it is no longer available. Rumor also has it that it is being reprinted soon.

Couple sites I would check out are the Vintage Snowmobile Club of America (www . vsca . com), and Vintagesleds dot com. The vintagesleds site has a message board which I've found to be extremely helpful. Buy, sell, swap, wanted, etc.

Thanks for the info, any little bit helps. I agree with ya on the 68 panther as far as looks, overall this one is in good shape, all original, the one thing that makes it real interesting is that it came with the 500 Hirth opposed motor in it. Looks pretty neat when ya flip the hood!

We were down at Haydays last weekend, and one guy had the exact machine, the 500 Hirth, he said they only made 50 with that setup.
I was on that dons vintage cat site, lots to look at! In the process of cleaning mine up and doing some polishing starting to look good, but I belive next spring I will dismantel it and do it right!
When we were at haydays, there was a panther with a 303 wankel there for sale, all original and clean, priced at $950.00, must be worth a look!

------------------
bstenberg@*************.com

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 09-20-2004).]

My cousin may have just what you are looking for buried in his garage. Talked to him today and he said he believes his is a 68 or 69 has the panther print seat. Says when he last looked at it there were no rips or tears.. The motor is froze but he said the hood and seat are in great condition.. I will find out more tomorrow if you wish..

gjk, If it is the 68 model, I would be interested.Mine is in good shape except for the seat, but I would be interested in the whole machine if he is looking to make some room in the garage, thanks for the reply.

------------------
[email protected]

I believe he is trying to make room or finally just clean up. I am 34 now and this stuff has been in there since we were 12 so yeah it is time to start moving on and getting rid of our past...lol
I am waiting for him to call me now he works 3rd (ick) so his schedule and mine differ. From the sounds of it he just wants to give the stuff away.. I will let you know later. glenn