• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sprinkler Blow out question

fowldreams

I have done this myself the last five years but today I am stumped. I have been using a thomas air pac with 7 gallon tank and a 5.5hp honda running it. Says 12.0 cfm at 100psi. Any how down to the issue at hand. I have 14 zones 123 heads. I got through up to zone 4 no issues and now none of the zones beyond that are popping up to blow out. What may have happened now that hasn't ever happened before. Thanks for any input

Did it already freeze? We were on one the other day and it had ice in the valve box where there was some water standing in White Bear.

The other option is to pull the wires off at the controller, swap wires 5-14 and put one of the wires into zone 1-4 slots. If this works, then I would say it's the controller.

Other other option is to go to the valve box in the ground and manually open the valve and blow it out. If they open that way, then there's something in the wiring.

We had to do the second at the townhome in White Bear as well. There are two separate systems on this property. The second controller is about 20 years old, and is on its last leg. Rather than mess with it not working the other day, we just manually opened and closed all of the valves on that side of the property. Hopefully next year the property management will spring for a new controller.

you may not have enough air volume to force the other zones up because one of the other zones has not shut off due to poor air volume, a very common problem. Turn the timer off and let the compressor fill while still hooked to the bac-flo but with bac -flo secondary valve off, when comp fills open secondary valve on bac-flo and the stuck zone valve should shut off... continue to winterize the rest of the zones...repeat if neccessary