• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you adjust the idle

Steve Bakken

He's right. Burning down the motor is worst case scenario, but one carb running leaner than the other is harmfull to the lean cylinder. Both carbs should be exactly in sync. The easy way to do this is to turn both screws all the way in and count the number of turns and then back them both out to approximately the same location but turning both of them the same number of turns. The best and most accurate way is to take both carbs out of their rubber boots and hold them so you can see down both or their throats, and slowly squeeze the throttle. They should both begin opening at exactly the same time. If one begins opening before the other, adjust those screws until their dead on with each other.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com

I have a 95 AC Cougar and it wouldn't idle, so i turned the screw on the left side of the carberators clockwise until it would idle. I don't think i turned both of them exactly the same. I am not sure if this was the right way to do it and was wondering if this could affect anything else with the sled? It seems to run fine, but someone told me it may run too lean and burn up the motor.

------------------
"Fishing is a condition of the mind in which one cannot possibly have a bad time."
idratherbefishing