• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best kind of radio/stereo for wheel house

heyguy

12 volt car stereo would be your easiest option.

You will however need to be careful of your battery life or use small speakers to avoid draining your battery.

My friend bought a Logitech S715i Rechargable Speaker system that really sounds nice and I'd have to recommend it for those who don't need high power. It's not very big, but sounds very bassy and does the job better than a bunch of wires everywhere and work.

JamBox-for-Jawbone-by-Fuse-Project-1.jpg

Jambox by Jawbone.

Here's what I use. A little more $$. But small, portable. Awesome sound for the size. It's bluetooth so no wires needed. Rechargeable. If you have a smartphone, this is the way to go. Stream your audio and radio stations. Also doubles with a microphone so you can talk over the phone on it too like a bluetooth headset.

They make a larger version now too.

I bought a nice car stereo at best buy on black Friday and small speakers. Sounds real nice but I can’t crank it up too loud - which is just fine by me. Car antenna from Napa - I'm living huge. I like local radio as I'm passing the hours on LOTW or wherever. I don't have a TV and I'm not into paying for Sat. radio in my fish house so this radio works well. I noticed no sig. loss in battery hours.

I'm going to take a similar approach to what whitebassman is using only a little cheaper ($50). I don't need high end audio but it'll be nice to listen to the game on something a little better than the speaker on my phone.

Spracht WS-4010 Aura BluNote Portable Wireless Speaker System with Bluetooth--Stream Music Wirelessly from Any Bluetooth Device

Most car or marine radios draw 10amps, pretty significant load when running solely off of batteries. I'll run my radio in my boat for 3 days straight, as well as trolling motor, lights, and the list goes on...But i also have 3 group 27's hooked in parallel.

Just be mindful of your batt life.