• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone using "flatfish" tipped with crawlers...

Kab Kid

I'm up on Kabetogama and fish often...the last couple years I been playing with small "Flatfish"...they look like a lazy ike. My uncle has talked about them a lot after mayflies and crayfish molt. I tried about 10 days ago and couldn't buy a bit. Then last Monday 7/16 after catching walleyes during a day trip with some guests on leeches and crawlers I thought I'd try again.

I pounded the walleyes...and they hit it hard. The way I rig it is on the end of 4-5 leader with a 3/4 oz weight above my swivel. Then i trolled it at 1.0 - 1.6 mph. And key is to rip a night crawler in pieces and leave a 1 inch piece of crawler off each of the back treble hooks. I think the size of flatfish I'm using is size 5. They're only about 1-2 inches long. I was just wondering if anyone else uses these and if so, how do you run them???

I was trolling them along a rock pile in 10-20ft of water...fun way to fish, at least they hammered the flatfish that day!