• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Birds

MN Shutterbug

shocked The birds are getting vicious. I had 2 Grackles gang up on a poor little house finch, with other finches swooping down on the Blackbirds to try and save their friend. I ran out the door and all the birds flew away, except for the little victim She sat their with her wings outstretched and didn't move until I got about 3 feet from her. She then flew into a tree.

Less than an hour later, I came across a crow that must have just killed a young Grackle and was eating on it while other Blackbirds were dive bombing it. I wasn't sure by what I saw, so I made a u-turn and went back and observed. That crow was pulling that other bird apart. It was in the middle of someone's yard so I doubt it was ever road kill.

It must be something in the air. They're all getting homicidal. crazy

yesterday while getting ready to leave work, I was watching a couple blackbirds dive-bomb a redtail hawk. Only thing different this time was one of the blackbirds was landing on the back of the hawk and riding the hawk for a ways while it attempted to pluck it clean. I've always seen them swoop down but never land on them and go for a ride. crazy

Didn't seem to bother the hawk any as it continued to circle overhead.