• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some Images from This morning before the rain

I got out to the Blue Stem Praire this morning before the rain and got a few images. Unfortunatly I also screwed up my chances of capturing the prarie chickens on their leck doing their thing. I could see them, but when trying to get in close enough I steped into a fox hole and tripped, making enough noise to raise the dead. These two birdys I got from the car window on about 6am. I am not 100% sure on their ID but I think they are Stilted Sandpipers, but if I am wrong please feel free to correct me.

143634716.jpg

143634714.jpg

ShawnZ, I am wondering on your ID of the first one, When I look at my sibleys book, the marbled godwit, is more orange in color. this guy had no orange anywere on him. Let me convert a couple more images and post them. I have no reason to doubt your knowledge because I know you know your birds, but like I said didnt match anything i had.

About the only ID discrepency there could be with this bird would be...is it a marbled

godwit or is it a hudsonian godwit?... and to me, this looks good for a marbled godwit smile