• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger Reata 2050?

For some reason I don't see a lot of the 2050's Reatas, nor do I see a lot of discussion about them. They seem similar to the Fisherman (hull wise) series, but they have the jumper seats. With a family of five the jumpers are important to us(well, my wife anyway).

I do see a lot of the Fisherman series of boats on the lakes around here. I would think there are at least a few families similar to mine that could really make use of the jumpers, but maybe not.

So, I guess what I am asking is this; what are the biggest differences between the Reata 2050 and the Fisherman 620VS? I think the Fisherman can handle a larger engine. Maybe that is why most opt for it?

A new Ranger is a big investment and I want to make sure I get the right thing. Our usage with be mostly fishing. Bass, Muskie, and Walleye. We fish on smaller, closer lakes during the week and like to fish larger Walleye water when time affords (Lake of the Woods, Leech, Mille Lacs).

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. :-)

I know there a few reata owners on these forums but not sure they have the 2050 or the 1850? I am sure they chime in here soon enough.

Congratulations by the way, which I could swing the cash for one of those.

I've got an 1850, and would love to get into a 2050 someday.

Im sure they dont sell nearly as many 2050s as the 1850s, as most serious fisherman who want a boat that big are going to get into a 620/621 as the hull is quite a bit different and they handle bigger water a lot better than the reata/angler hull design.

Also, I bet to most people who fish and ski having almost 19ft of boat with 150/175 hp is plenty for what they want it to do.

I think the reason you don't see alot of 2050s is the cost. Price one out and tell me you wound't rather have a 620/621. The 2050 is a great boat, but IMO fisherman is a better boat when you wrap in all things you can do in a boat.

dont the 620/621 have enough seat locations to run 5 seats? you could just buy some extra seats. then get the full glass windshield option and have a canvas top custom made to snap to it. the hulls look very different from what i've seen. i'm sure if you have approved credit you could get each model on the water. if your going to mainly fishing i would buy a fishing boat not a fish and ski. its all personal opinion. decide for yourself. its a huge investment. good luck and congrats.