• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying a classic car - advice

Looking at buying a 67 mustang, I had one when I was younger. Do you guys think I'm bettery off buying one off eeebayy from California? I want a rust free vehicle. I might find one here that looks good now, but i dont want rust bubbles in 5 years. I hate to buy a car without driving it, but going to california or arizona is out of the question and shipping is suprisingly reasonable. Is that swap meet at the state fairgrounds any good? Let me know any good or bad experiences you have had with your car.

Unless you have a reliable source to look at the car on the other end that is a tough one. With something over 50 years old and even in southern states you can get salt effects near the ocean. And even pictures dont show all that much when it comes to old cars.

Agree with Walleyehooker on this one. If the shipping is fairly reasonable is there an independent service located out there that could examine the car for a fee and report back to you? Just seems like too much of a gamble to buy sight unseen. Buying a classic car is usually not just a buy and drive experience anyway with maintenance usually being needed periodically.