• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thinking about Stratos 386 fx

JeffB

Found a carry over 2011 Stratos 386 fx and looking for some input. 2011 150hp etec with 5 yr warranty and stainless prop. 80lb i-pilot 60" terova, 4 ram rod hoders, snap in carpet, onboard charger, bimini, travel cover, tie downs, ranger type trailer with fancier wheels than any walleye guy needs. The engine has 4 hours on it but warrany hasn't started. I can get this package for $29K, I was looking at the 1850 ranger reata or lund tyee gl but for $11-12,000 less this package looks hard to pass up. Dealer say my 06 lund 1700 lund fisherman should bring $16-16,500 on trade but said selling outright could get $17.5-18,000 fairly quickly. My boat has a 140hp Johnson(suzuki) 4 stroke and is pretty well equipped. I'll take any advice on the stratos or input on trade value on my boat.

I have a 2005 386xf and am currently selling a 2005 1750 crestliner sportfish online.

I think that private party sale number you have is correct, however you don't pay sales tax on trade in value. So you would have to sell your lund for $17,100 to equal $16k on trade. And it is not worth $400 to have to deal with selling an expensive boat on a public webiste (read - low ballers, guys not showing up etc etc...).

29k on the stratos sounds good also but don't forget to factor in the aforementioned sales tax and what it will cost you to get electronics put in there, that adds up fast (I actually just came from Hannay's marine buying electronics and trust me, it adds up fast). Maybe you can strip the electronics out of your lund before you trade it in.

Let us know what you do.

? Other than one being fiberglass and one is aluminum, what can the stratos do that the lund can't? I would question myself that before adding more debt to my monthly obligations.
Hopefully it will give me 5 trouble free years like the lund did, and if it don't the last one and if it don't a warrany to back it up. The motor on my last one has been perfect but if it fails in the next 5 years there goes my ten grand. I totally agree about the debt thing and like the way you think, my dad taught me to never borrow money for toys like boats and such. I firmly believe the only thing a person should ever borrow money for is a home and an income earning asset. Thats the reason I didn't get my first decent boat till I was 36 yrs old and would just like to maintain having a nice newer boat. The lund 1700 was a big step up from my 14 ft with a 15 horse. Thanks, now back on topic.

? Other than one being fiberglass and one is aluminum, what can the stratos do that the lund can't? I would question myself that before adding more debt to my monthly obligations.

There's no comparison in the difference in rides between those two boats.

Well I sold the lund. I managed to let the first person to look at the boat talk me down to $17,300. So as muskie hunter said I could have just as well traded it. The guy that bought it seemed like a good guy, I hope he has as good of luck with it as I did. It was kind of hard to see it go, but looking forward to getting the new one.