• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Tires

Whoknows

After about 2000 miles my current tires from the dealership are throwing tread. I'm guessing they were improperly sized for my load rating (18 ft Tracker. 115hp merc) Anyone know where I can get these replaced for a fair price in the north metro.

Any recommendations on tire brands? Have heard Mixed reviews on the marathons.

Thanks again,

Not Carliasle (sp?) anything else. I put some Commanders (I think) on my 18' w150 at a shop in Pequot Lakes, and they said they were rated up with Towmax which are supposed to be good.

Before I went to Devils Lake last October I purchased two tire at the save big moony store not sure what they are but don't get these they are totally falling apart. I know I have less than 2200 miles on these tire and they are coming apart.

I know the tires I had the last time I had over 20,000miles on them before I lost a cord on one of them. My spare is still one of those tires. I will find out what they were and post tomarrow.

I have the Marathons on my boat trailer as that is what came on the trailer.

The boat and trailer is on year 6 and the tires still look good.

I am sure I put on 1,500 a year at a minimum. So that is now 7,500 miles on the tires and they are going strong.

Very happy with the Marathons so far.

Thanks guys. I ended up purchasing two load star tires fitted with new rims. The guy at the shop told me my rims might have been the culprit for the short life of my previous set. Anyways switching from fiberglass or nylon bias tire to a steel belted radial will hope fully solve my problem.

Thanks again

I know the tires I had the last time I had over 20,000miles on them before I lost a cord on one of them. My spare is still one of those tires. I will find out what they were and post tomarrow.

These tires were called Armstrong and they were the Traveler series.

After a little research I found that Armstrong changed the name to Amtec and then they are now known as Pirelli Tires