• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Type & Place to Buy Boat Carpeting

Ebiz

Have a plain old 14' Starcraft with wood bench seats that need replacing this spring. Given the age of the boat I'm just planning on getting some decent 3/4" plywood and maybe sealing it before covering with carpet.

Wondering if anyone had any recommendations on the best type of carpet to use would be and where would be a good place to buy it?

The sell marine carpet at FF I know. Not sure what the pricing is. There are tons and tons of place online to get marine carpet also. I ended up getting mine online because it was most cost effective with free shipping. Turned out great.

Hallberg's sells everything you'll need.

I thought about getting my materials through Overton's last year because I was considering different types of flooring other than carpet. They even sent me some samples of the materials I was interested in. Some of them got a little pricey though.

In the end, a one stop grab and go of cheap marine carpet (they carry different grades), glue and marine plywood (choice of thicknesses) worked out at Hallberg's.

Marine plywood doesn't need to be sealed.