• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

08 sportsman 800 EFI No start

fishing tech

This started lasted Dec with a a longer crank time before it would start. Then it would stumble, hesistate, die. Run good for a while and then repeat. I drain the gas thinking I had water in the fuel, filled with fresh gas. Well yeasturday I drove it around to the back yard to put the plow in the shed. It started hard, struggled to stay running. I got it back to garage and that was it. It will backfire but won't start. I have fuel, haven't checked the psi yet, and seams to have spark. Any common problems with these that I should check? No codes either. It has 354 miles and 84 hour. I use it mostly for ice fishing so it has alot of idle time. Thanks for any help/sugestion you have.

The best part is I bought a 2 year extended warranty and have had it for 2.5 years.arg!

Id pull the Throttle body & clean it with carb cleaner, along with new plugs. Do you have the Polaris service manual? You mentioned a book stating the fuel pressure. I would also check the throttle position sensor & the Tbap sensor. In thier service manual it details how to do it. There is a adapter required to test the TPS, can get thru polaris..I did fine one at kms perfomance for my ranger..never looked at a sportsman with efi..I would imagine its the same setup.

Thanks guys. I am going to replace the champion plugs(not a fan of these) with NGK. and then go from there. The spark seam errattic. So crank sensor gap will be checked and the sensor. Anyone know what the resstance for the sensor should be? I think I measure 573ohms when I checked it.