• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowe Boats

Bambito

So I am in the market for a new boat and lookin at a Lowe. Specifically the fm165 pro wt. I can get one brand new for 15500 with rebates and a 60 merc 4 stroke. Does anyone have any input on the qaulity of these boats and likes or dislikes of there styles??? Thanks in advance!

The only comment I can make is that my last boat I bought new in 91 was a fm 162 pro.side console. Had it till 2005 and it was still in great condition. Thought it was a very well built boat. Never had any issues with it and I fish alot. Handled very nice. I liked the boat very much. I considered just upgrading the 40 johnson but didn't make $ sense, so I bought a new rig. Would have bought another Lowe, but they wern't set up the way I wanted.

I have the fm175 with the console and a 90hp Merc. Bought it in 2007 and love it. It handles awesome in rough water and after looking at many other brands before buying,I thought it had the most room compared to other boats in this size category. I know the new boats this year have the tube style rod locker, which is nice. Mine does not have that.

The only thing I would like different about the setup is to have rollers on the trailer. The bunks are okay, but slightly difficult to load/unload when alone. Overall a very solid boat. I'm happy with mine.

I have a FS-165. Love it as well (great for the price). Mine handles a little harder in rougher water. Bought in 2007 and have had nothing wrong with it so far. Some random tidbits from me:

My rod storage areas can only hold 6'6" rods. the floor storage is not water proof and anything I store under there gets wet, it's hard to keep dry. Had to replace all the latches (not because they broke) but because I wanted locking latches. Radio's been great. Floors holding tough. All mechanical things are working great. Trailer (karavan) needed on break light and 2 running lights replaced. Oh-passanger side pannel crack when friends knee hit it on large wave but was replaced for free.

I went the E-Z slide trailer pads instead of rollers and LOVE them.

I would defenitly buy this boat again under the same budget but I've been fishing larger lakes now so the next will be a fiber glass ranger (hopefully not for many more years)!

I have a lowe modvee flatbotom 18ft boat and love it if I go to a vee hull this will be the first manufacter I look at can't beat a all welded boat and they ride really nice. I was looking at a couple of the today in Rogers and about the only thing I didnt like was the color black on some of them I would think that they may get a little warm but ther Red really caught my eye.