• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

motor cost ?

Mr. Wizard

I had a 50hp 4 Stroke Mercury on a 1650 and it would move the boat with 2 people about 28 to 33 mph depending on conditions. I believe the 1650 sc is rated for a 90 hp and the tiller is 75hp.

If you go to the Crestliner sight it will give you comparisons on different motors on the 1650. I think there is only a 6 mph difference from the 50 to the 90. The price difference between the 60 and 90 should not be that much.

IMO a 4 stroke motor is the way to go. Good luck with your Choice.

Mike

I am in market for pontoon motor, so comparing 60 4-stroke to 90 4-stroke there is an $1800 upcharge (if I recall right). Not sure for Opti, but prolly close. I am sticking with 60 hp, as 99% of my use will be putting around with a beer in one hand, and fishing rod in the other smile

I am putting on a pontoon (ala barge...) If I was putting on a boat, I personally would go Opti (or 2-stroke dfi of whatever brand) for the umph factor. Test drive two side by side and you will see what I mean wink If you don't care about power or speed and value quiet over performance, go 4-stroke. Good luck!