• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manitou Stretch

I am not sure. We fished another lake up in that area this weekend. Mostly 18-20" of ice, but areas where there was current had some sketchy ice. I was also surprised with the slush on the ice. There was not alot, but in areas where people have fished there was slush, and random small pockets throughout the lake too. I suggest seeing if you can get ahold of any of the resorts up on Manitou. That would probably be the quickest and easiest way to find out what the ice situation is like.

Hi Sherry,

We have not been down on the stretch, but I can tell you there is 18-24 inches of ice in Barker Bay, less out in the big lake. Over in Caulder Bay there is about 9 inches, no slush.

Hi Robin, Thanks for the info. Usually Matt keeps us up to date but he has been quiet so far this year. Thought that maybe ice was bad. Maybe if any neighbors were up they will let me know. Thanks Sherry

Sherry,

I talked to a friend today who says he has been on South Bay since New Years and there is plenty of ice for snow machines, there is some slush but not enough to stop the average sled. Hope that helps.

Hi Sherry,

I just got back in, I just went up for a couple of hours to get the camp ready for some ice fisherman. We didn't take anyone early on, due to the unsafe ice conditions we had in early Jan.

There were not many tracks in the area, which I suspected, but there was alot of slush - which I didn't expect. From the dogfly portage over to the camp 50% of the way was slushy. I don't know how deep, because I didn't stop, but there was quite a bit of it.

Hopefully we get a little cold weather to stiffen things up a bit.

I know what you mean by the slush Matt. We were up in that area last week and there was none. We went up this past weekend for my buddies bachelor party and we ran into alot of slush on the lakes that we fished. It was mostly 8 inches deep or so. We fished spots that had no slush, but by the time we left there was plenty of it that we were standing in. It made it pretty miserable, but good thing the fish were biting!