• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rabbits

jdime

I imagine asking for a place to hunt rabbits on the internet is slightly silly, but hey, it can't harm anything.

I live in the cities and I encountered a large cottontail in my backyard last week and once again it stirred in me a strong desire to harvest a couple. I've had hare from up north, but I'd love to find a place where I can get cottontails. I will be hunting some public land in January so maybe I will get lucky then. I have even considered buying a few from farms just because I want to try them so badly.

If anyone has any leads for me at all, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd be willing to swap jars of pickled goodies and pick up trash, etc. for the right to hunt a farm or something.

I have hunted rabits all over the southern part of the state and even in Iowa and we just go up to the home/farm and ask to hunt rabbits and typically they say you mean pheasnts and We say no rabits and if we happen to get pheasants thats a bonus.

Only been turned away a few times most places welcome us they dont care for the rabbits chewin up their gardens.

But please remember to always remember your hubntinfg close to buildings and be sure you know where your shot is going to go. try to always push the bunnys away from buildings

I will even ask if the homeowner or farmer would like to have some fresh rabbit for a meal and I will clean a couple for them.