• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Benelli MR-1 and Rem. R-25 AR's.

I'm thinking of purchasing my first AR style rifle (when I can afford it sometime!) I've looked at the Remington R-25 in .243 and also noticed the new benelli MR-1 tactical carbine in 5.56 nato (or .233). I like them both alot and think I'd have a ton of fun shooting either at the range or while predator hunting. I like the versatility of the Rem AR platform, the availability in .243 win. and the numerous options that can be applied down the road, and of-course the proof tested platform such as the AR-15 milspec. I do happen to be a Benelli shotgun fan so the new benelli MR-1 also seems to fit my style as well. I'm usually not affraid to try out the new models either, When they came out, I picked up the new Vinci rather than an M-2 and wound up loving it. I know that the two rifles are more than less geared toward two different shooting types (R-25 hunting, MR-1 Tactical) but thats not a deciding facor for me. I'm simply wondering how people like their MR-1 or Rem R-25 if they have one or both? reliability, parts, mods, ect?? Thanks!

The remington R-25 is the same as an AR-25 which is the long action semi-auto rifle. It is offered in the long action calibers only like 308, 243, etc. You cannot take an AR-15 top and put it on an AR-25 reciever. If you are saving your nickels now, make sure you know what you are saving for. That being said, if you are looking into it for hunting and vesratility, consider an ar-15. You can get it in 223 (5.56 nato) or in many different wssm rounds. if you seriously want the AR-25 then I would highly recommend the .308. It would be able to double as a deer rifle as well as coyotes. It will do a number on a coyote, but with the right bullet, the damage would be less compared to other bullets available.

I went with the AR-15 and love it, I have considered a 25 wssm upper but just don't rifle hunt for deer at this time. Good luck and if you have more questions, we do love to talk about guns back here once in a while