• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sled bed trailers

CrappieAttitude

I may be purchasing a 3 place sled bed v-front trailer from my uncle in the near future. It doesn't have the salt shield ramps, and that is something that I would probably want to invest in. Would I need to get one directly from Sled Bed, or has anyone out there found a financially friendly aftermarket alternative? Looking for suggestions of what you have found that does the job.

Thanks!

CA

I have seen a set of v-front trailer ramps that are plastic. Not sure how much they cost. The metal ones run around $500-600. Take a real close look at Sled bed's ramp hinge. I have an 02 sled bed with their diamond plate ramps. The hinges broke off where they attach to the ramp. I had a local weld shop beef it up so it is much better now. There is also another newer company out there that has similar ramps but the ramp posts look like an a-frame. From what I could tell the hinges on these ramps looked a lot more durable.