• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Report 6/1...

My brother and I searched for some crappies again today. We fished from about 5:30pm to 7pm and found the fish still relating the same areas as the past several days. 2-5 feet of water, amongst the weeds in the openings/pockets. The crappies seemed to hold slightly closer to the bottom today, and were not as visible as in previous days, but they would quickly rise to the bait once jigged. I used a Southern Pro Panfish Stinger in all white or white/chartreuse, with a 1/32oz Hi-Glow Chartreuse Glow Ball. I used a float most of the time, and set the jig about 18 inches down. I had to jig more aggressively today to get the crappies to strike. I tried to only get the tail of the plastic to move, kind of like a kicking motion, seemed to do the trick. The flimsy tail of the Panfish Stinger really gets going, and can cause a lot of reaction strikes from onlooking crappies. No livebait today, just plain plastics. Fish ranged anywhere from 7-11 inches. The weather was cloudy/overcast with a light rain on and off.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

I was out yesterday for a couple hours and found a ton of huge gills and a few crappies still relating to shoreline. Our lake has come up with the recent rains and an awful lot of garbage is on the water and now the cottonwood fluff is everywhere. Fishing itself wasn't so tough, but keeping the line clean was a bear. Culprit paddletails did the honors on most of the fish. The sunnies ate the things! Crappies are beginning to get off the shorelines in most places on this lake and are being found over deeper water. I took a few by casting but most came by drifting the paddletail at about four feet under a float. The hits were so aggressive that the next trip weill find me using a larger more aggressive baits like the Culprit fringe-tail grub. I still am having a tough time getting over how those sunnies absolutely pounded the plastics yesterday. I fished for only a couple hours and caught probably 30 to 40 very large fish, many of these were in the 9-10 inch range. I have never really gotten this interested in chasing the sunnies before, but this year there seems to be such an abundance of them that you cannot not catch them.When one of those biggies gets hooked up on the light gear, you have some serious fight at hand.I'll likely not fish this lake again until the cottomwood down is gone and then change up on tactics to find those big craps suspended in thew open water.Have a great weekend guys!

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]