• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CF card question

Apparently I had a CF card go bad, I have or had 2 sandisc ultra 11 cards and one of them started acting up it was writing really slow in burst mode and at times only half of the frame would show up on the picture. Other one stil seems to be fine, really glad it wasn't the camera. Any suggestions on a good card other than what I have? Mostly shooting wildlife, and dog stuff FT and HT's so alot of my shooting is done in burst mode.

Thanks

Todd

I wouldn't write off one bad card by a reputable manufacturer. I have around 20 Extreme SanDisk cards of every size and speed and never once had one go bad (fingers crossed). I use both CF and SD. Considering my main focus is shooting sports my cards routinely are subject to extreme use! They are mis-handled, dropped, run through washing machines (don't ask!) and go through multiple formats a month. It is common to shoot 1,000 shots in an evening so my cards see a heavy workout. Of the multiple manufacturers Lexar is the only other brand I would consider.

Maybe you got counterfeits. I read one time where there are counterfeit Sandisk cards being sold. There is a way to tell the difference but I never saved the link. Just google fake sandisk cards and you'll find a lot of links. I've had the same Sandisk cards since I started with my Canon and have never had a problem, and if Dan has had that kind of luck with the amount of shooting he does, I wouldn't worry about the genuine Sandisks. Just be sure you format them on a regular basis. I've read where that can help alleviate problems.

Lexmark hands down. with HD recording. It is fast and I have never had a problem with the recording speed. I shoot several weddings and need the ability to record within not even up to a second of another frame and Lexmark's newer CF's are awesome. I don't go anywhere without them. Now it is of course possible that your CF was just one of those rotten eggs in a bucket but I have bought several different brands and have never had a problem with Lexmark.