• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie plastics

I just started reading some of these forums and I've been fishing since I was little but just can't seem to get as many crappies as I would like. I don't know if any of you have been on Lake Washington but I was wondering if any of you experienced fisherman could give me some advice on what type of plastics to use right now. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Crappieslab....Let me welcome you to fishing minnesota! I find several plastics will work right now and as the water warms many others will come into play. For now though, tubes and Culprit paddletails have been bring home the fish. Twisters of various manufacture will catch fish. Keep your plastics at or under 2" until the spawn is over and then start looking at bulking up and adding length. As for colors, go to the local bait shops and ask what the best selling colors are recently....then buy those. The biggest factor in entering into the world of plastics is to stay with it. If you do not do well one day, don't just give up. Get right back at it the next time out. Like anything new, plastics will require some learning. The process takes some time time but it is well worth the investment of time and $. Again....welcome to Fishingminnesota.com and be sure to let us know of your successes!

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]