• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jig colors?

jt24

Well i am finally getting back up to the lake this weekend to give Matts suggested locations a try. Is there a certain color of jig i should start with? I will be after crappies and hopefully some bluegills. Thanks for any info.

I would bring up some glow red fatboys in size 10, they are always a hot bet for crappies. I've been having good success lately on Custom Jigs n Spins Ratso's in size 8. Pink head with a white plastic body, all black, and glow. All three have been doing well. I would bring some glows in different colors and also some chartruese and greens. Hasn't honestly been one really hot color this winter thats been a jaw dropper. Grab some euro larvae as well. See if you can find some small minnows at the local bait shop, smaller the better it seems this year.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Feel free to e-mail me.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Jig color can be as variable as the day is long. I have seen days where you will have to change over colors eight, maybe ten, times to keep pace with the bite and the jig profile will need attention as well. It is too easy to get complacent and use a "favorite" color or style of jig and simply outfish its usefulness on a given day. As Matt implied, take many sizes and colors as well as an assortment of profiles. I have seen craps go from preferring a pimple and minnow to a ratso in the smallest size in less than ten minutes. Go to the ice prepared.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]