• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viper climbing stand

hookjunior

I would like to get a climbing stand and I was looking at the big c HSOforum last night and noticed they had the summit viper and a team reatree vier stand that was 80 bucks cheaper, does anybody know what the difference between the two is?

I believe that the realtree model is their Bushmaster climber which is an open seat without a back. The Viper will have the bar in front of you which you can sit on when you're climbing. This is nice so that you don't have to use your arms as much to climb. The open seat is nice for bowhunting though as you don't have the obstruction.

If I recall, the TR Viper has more stuff that comes with it, and yes the cost was less when you add it all up. I think I ended up going that route and got the screw in bow hook, and the foot hooks (not sure of name) and something else, but can't recall. Not sure what comes with normal Viper, but from what I could tell they were the same. I used some Cabelas bucks and a coupon for $250 purchase (I had to get somethign else, some socks or something) and got it all for like $200 including free shipping.

I am fat guy, and new at this climbing stand and bow hunting stuff, and it is really easy to use. See the other thread about adding stuff to it, as I am going to get the side support straps and also some fanny pack pounches zip tied to it to hold stuff. Maybe try the homemade Sound Deadening trick as well...

Good luck.