• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fall fishing

CrappieJohn

I just heard on the NOWA weather station in La Crosse ,Wisc. that the water temp in Lake Pepin was 83 degrees. It is hard to believe that we will be raking leaves soon and that lake will be steaming. Get this...the water is so warm that it KILLED all the Zebra mussels found there! It won't be long though and the water will be doing the flip-flop and fall fishing will be going strong. I usually begin getting antsy about the time the walnut trees shed thier leaves Then is when I quietly sneak up on deep submerged wood and coax my flat sided buddies out of thier lairs. Personally I don't think that a semi-submerged tree, straight up and down in the deep water, can be beat for fall craps. I fish them much like I do early pre-spawn. Bridge pilings also are hot then....especially if there is a light current. Plastics are good tools, but as the season wears on bait becomes a "needed" take-along. This is something I resist until it is so cold that I'm chipping ice from my guides.. Ahhhhhhh...these thoughts are what gets me through this putrid hot weather. I look forward to the cooler fall air and the stunning colors that are mirrored on the water.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]