• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bearing buddy questions

Cicada

I put on a set of bearing buddies about two weeks ago. Got to my folks home on Saturday and found that one had fallen off. The things didn't come with much for instructions (they may have not been bearing buddy brand). My question is, do you have to do anything to prep them? How do I prevent this from happening again? I have to go ack to Pelican Rapids after work Monday and get my boat.

cicada, you shouldnt have to do anything to prepare them, mine fit pretty snug, i need to pound them in with a dead blow hammer,as well as when removeing them,mine are actual bearing buddy brand,and theres a shoulder you seat them against so you can tell if there seated all the way in.

how easy were yours to install? they really shouldnt fall out.

any way, goodluck,

mike

We had to hammer them in to the little ridge, so they were in correctly as far as how deep they went on over the bearing. They really seemed snug, but wondered if I should have cleaned the grease form the lip or something. So, I may have to try boatfixer's recommendation.