• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rod repair

LiLBro

Just wondering if anyone knew how to fix an ultralight st.croix. I don't have enough to buy a new one and i broke to butt-end of in an unfortunate car accident. I tried to put a light-weight metal screw in there but it didn't hold.

St. Croix carries warranties on most of thier rods and also will repair any of thier rods for a modest fee. I have had the tip of my st. croix ultralite break while fishing and they replaced the rod for free all I had to pay was the shipping costs.

Do you need the original reciet? I don't have it. If you do, then are there any repair kits you can buy?

------------------
"If i asked you to go fishing with me, would your answer be the same as yuor answer to this question?"

Last time I sent my rod in it was without a receipt and everyting went smoothly but it was an avid rod which carries a longer warranty than a premier series rod. Try the St. Croix web site they should have some contact info there for you. stcroixrod is the site name. good luck.

2 YEAR WARRANTY
We will promptly repair or replace (at our option) this rod free of charge if it becomes damaged due to defective materials or workmanship for a period of two (2) years. This warranty period begins from your date of purchase, provided you complete and return the attached warranty registration form within 30 days. If you do not, then the warranty period begins on the date we built your rod. This Service Policy applies to the original owner only and may not be transferred to another person.

We reserve the right to replace a discontinued model with a current model of our choosing. Rods with expired warranties or rods that have become damaged due to normal wear, accident, misuse, or neglect may be repaired or replaced for a reasonable charge. We will advise you of the cost of the repair or replacement and await your approval before proceeding.
Damaged rods should be returned directly to the St. Croix Service Center. St. Croix dealers are not authorized to perform service work on behalf of St. Croix. You must return the entire rod, including broken parts, freight prepaid and insured, to the address below. Please include a note explaining the problem, along with $10.00 for return shipping within the USA. International customers are responsible for the actual return shipping and insurance charges.
St. Croix Rod
Atten: Service Center
856 North 4th Avenue
PO Box 279
Park Falls, WI 54552
This warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the rod only, and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover accident, misuse, neglect, normal wear, fire, theft, loss, or intentional damage. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.

------------------
Hey look, a diversion from my stupidity!