• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Sight Question?

lefty23

I recently changed to a new fall away rest and consequently had my arrows cut down 3 inches. The bow appears to be shooting faster, lighter arrows I guess, however I'm having a problem with my sights. I like to shoot 3 pins, 20,30, and 40 yards but with the new set-up, my 20 yard pin still needs to go up as I'm shooting a little high. The problem is my sight can't be raised any further, its adjustments are all the way up. Do I lower my rest? Could it be my peep set too high? I'd appreciate any feedback on how to fix the problem.

Adjusting your rest will change the optimal point where the arrow should be nocked.

In all honesty, I would bring it to a pro shop and tell them what is going on. They have the tools to make sure everything is square and performing correctly.

There may be more adjustment in that sight. Sometimes there are more mounting holes on the riser, there could be more adjustment in the sight housing too. If its a basic sight and there aren't more mounting holes than you may have to look for a different sight.

However I find it difficult to believe that changing the rest and arrows got your sight that far out of adjustment. I would be wondering if you don't have a problem in your rest. I would paper making huge changes to your sight.

I bought a tru glo pendulum slider for my bow a few years ago and it was shooting to high and i couldnt move it anymore, ended up selling it, i took a chance on one again, but this time i had a new rest, redid the string loop and i think the loop was lowered a bit, it shoots high still but not as bad as before i can at least work with it now. But i would take it to a shop and see what they think first

Moving your peep slightly lower (if I'm thinking of this right) can make quite a difference. We just went through this on my dad's bow, except his sight couldn't go any lower. We moved his peep just a little and he shot much higher just from doing that.

Ideally you won't move the rest, which should be level to nock-high depending on what type of rest you use (drop-aways usually are set nock-high).