• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunnies - 2 part question

1. The DNR rules state that you can fish for sunnies with up to three flies on one line. The rules do not state if you can use live bait with this rig, such as waxies on each fly. Does anyone know if flies with worms are legal?

2. Also, the rules state you can have two lines through the ice. If you combine these two rules, you could legally fish with six hooks in the water at one time, while fishing by yourself. Correct? Has anyone ever tried this?

Well I can clear this up, I have the ticket to prove my knowledge on the subject. I had a crappie rig with two hooks on it set up on a tip up, also I was fishing my regular pole. I got a ticket from the ranger, he stated that if I would have had flies on the tip up as opposed to hook with minnow I would've been okay. **** unclear rules...

My interpretation of rule#1 is that the waxie or whatever would be an accessory to an artificial, and count as the base lure. It's easy enough to e-mail the DNR about that. I e-mailed them about the discrep between multiple hooks and crawler harnesses. I got a reply within a couple of days.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."