• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Fred Bear bow n' stuff?

Ufatz

I inherited and old Bear bow, modest draw weight, probably 30-40lbs and a really nice leather quiver stuff with arrows and a box of six new arrows. I have no use for the stuff and have not even looked at archery stuff for years. The bow has a "set" in one limb and someone has wrapped the grip but the bow seems to want to draw properly.

Is the bow worth saving with that set in it? I want to sell the whole batch to somebody but will take the bow and toss it in the firepit if it has no value to anyone.

Whats the word?

What I mean is one limb stays curved when the bow is unstrung. I called it a set because that is what it would be called in a bamboo rod...a permanent "curve" that stays there. I know the stuff has value but I want to make sure the bow is still useful with the curve to it. I KNOW it still strings and draws okay.

Thanks fellas.