• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where?

jtanelson

I bought my lab from John Pesas at Royalty British Kennel near Hinkley. Why? Many reasons really but primarily John provided me the opportunity to visit often to see the various dams and sires in the field and experience them in social settings.

Our first impression was positive, the facilities are spectacular. We were impressed with the care and passion John puts into his profession. We took our time, spent several weekend days at the kennel visiting and observing former pups as they hunted or trained.

British Labs are not cheap, this was a HUGE decision for us, not sitting on easy street. However, as owner after owner walked in with their pups, sharing their stories about how well behaved, easy to train, and effective hunter and family dog they were we decided to bite the bullet.

I have owned many great American Labs. from a behavioral standpoint and hunting. I have to tell you the British we have is without a doubt different. From a training perspective, it takes far less time to teach. He really seems to latch onto things more quickly. Labradors are loyal, this dog is loyal but I often think he is thinking ahead of me. Hard to explain but they are very smart, rarely gets into trouble, calm. in the field he has been unreal. His first trip was to south dakota on a piece of ground that is second to none. we hunted along side some amazing dogs. Due to his calm demeanor he was far more thorough and thus successful than any of those other dogs. His range was great, if he got out too far a simple hey or quiet whistle would lure him back.

Prior to this hunt the dog had only worked with chucker, he was quite young. the other 5 guys were amazed. When scratch hunting at the end of the day he was phenomenal.....3 of them now own a dog from John.

If you haven't noticed I cant say enough about our experience. Everything was perfect for us. Each visit John would barbque a dinner for everyone at the kennel. They really make you feel like part of something bigger than just a dog breeder.

Good luck, find a mating pair you like for the right reasons, don't buy a dog for color. Do your homework and don't buy from the first litter you see prior to researching.