• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just a couple weeks left to get ready!

Powerstroke

This year in particular I seem to have lost track of time this summer. I haven't picked up my bow since turkey season. I finally dragged it out this past week and hit the outdoor range in Hopkins over my lunch period. Everything is still right where it should be, which is good, but I can tell I'm a bit out of shape in the bow pulling muscles.

I know I'm not the only one so I hope everyone gets that bow ready for the season. Now that I've shot a couple rounds I've the string all cleaned and waxed, made sure all the screws are tight and that everything is in good working order.

If you're hoping to get some work done, you better contact your pro shop if you want to get that thing ready for opener. New strings and cables, maybe a tune up and lube, a new rest or sight?

Make sure to check over your arrows. I had a couple vanes peeling off in the front. It was a nice excuse to peel them off and fletch up a couple of arrows.

I'll start flinging some broadhead arrows this week. I can't wait! I have a nice late-planted bean field that is going to be a hot spot for most of the fall.

I have been trying to shoot 50 or so arrows every other night in the back yard. Have had the new climber stand up and down the trees in the yard, to get used to using it. Next is to start digging out my hunting clothes and get them ready. Can't wait for the season to begin!!!

I just started going through my gear last night, all is in order and organized from last year but I just like to pull everything out and "play" with it.

I've been shooting 2-3 times a week since the 4th of July, not a ton of arrows but I try and maintain consistant practice throughout the fall so I know I am on my game.

Been shooting all summer, so thats not an issue. I did get a couple more stands all set up this weekend. Just have to start washing all my gear and I should be ready to go.

Freezer's starting to look pretty empty, have to do something about that pretty soon. smile

Working on a couple of new food plots the last few weeks. 12 stands have been checked in MN & two in WI. Plan to mow the rest of trails this weekend. Always lots of work & lots of fun. Got to try & get junior a goose or two this weekend too.