• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do bigger minnows catch bigger crappies?

BLACKJACK

PCG,

Wow, this is some interesting stuff. I've heard about keeping slush in your hole to prevent light penetration but I haven't found it to be true for me. I've had about the same success practicing both methods.

Thats an interesting observation about the fish dissapearing when you pull the shelter overhead. I know that at night when light is shined in the water that it attracts baitfish and in turn attracts crappies but I've typically heard in the past that during ice fishing lower light penetration produces better catches. Like I said earlier, I haven't totally found this to be true. I know that light penetration plays a key role during the ice fishing season but as far as the light from your hole is concerned I haven't found a relationship.

I liked the topic on fishing out of the fish house. Pretty strange but I could see how it would work with the info that you gave me. I guess somedays it takes different methods to stay on fish. I'll keep this one in mind the next time fishing is slow. Thanks.

I would just like to say that a lot of this info is great. I take notes everytime I'm on the site for my book. One of these days I'm going to have to together with you and actively catch some fish.

Good Fishin, Matt.

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 12-13-2002).]

Yes, some shared knowledge is always fun.

We'll have to get together someday, like you said.

PCG

[This message has been edited by Pro Crappie Guide (edited 12-13-2002).]