• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Faribault panfish activity?

Hi

I posted a similar request - differant heading on the SC Mn forum - but here goes...

I have the fun of introducing a husband & wife who've not fished to fishing tomorrow. I
work with the wife (Sara) which is how this
came together. I was going to start it simple, with bobber fishing, hopefully for
spawing sunnies/crappies, and maybe throw in
a little trolling for Northerns too.

The Faribault lakes are closest to us (we're
in SE Mn), and I haven't been up there since
ice fishing in March - it's been a long, ugly
chore filled spring.

I'm not asking for spots - just need to know
what is going on? Can anyone help?

Thanks

UG

In the St Cloud area the crappies are in full spawn and the Gills are just starting. You have had much warmer weather down South so you should be ahead of us quite a bit. I would look for those big gills in the shallow water spawning. I am sure they are not done yet, as those couple cold days we had at the beginning of the week should have slowed things down. Good luck and work the deep shorelines, that will help you narrow your search down.ScottS